Monday, September 28, 2009

A Tip on the First Exam...

Just thought I'd mention, for those of you who are reading the blog: I'm not a stickler for dates of these films. While I consider that to be important information, and I would hope you would know that Edison's "Frankenstein" predates Fritz Lang's "Metropolis", I don't consider it to be important in terms of testing.

General knowledge of dates is fine, and on the exam you will not be required to specifically pinpoint an exact date. I'm letting all of you know because I don't want you to waste study time trying to learn exact dates of the films. I would, however, make sure I know the directors, stars and the individuals associated with each work....good chance that will pop up!

REMEMBER: This is an art course. Anything concerning art movements, particular artists we've talked about in class, and techniques and styles is more than just a little likely (hint..hint) to pop up on the test.

2 comments:

  1. Just got a message from Agustina, today Oct. 1st study group for the exam will be meeting at 7 in the library for anyone who wants to get together and study. Plus i got some good tips from Ron that i can share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Study group is good: it allows you to compare notes from the lecture, since you might have missed something here and there. I would probably want to know about at least the directors of things...maybe a major star or two...anything mentioned related to the arts (styles and how they apply)...Caligari and what makes it so unique....Nosferatu and the Weimar...

    It won't be hard guys, promise...but you SHOULD study for sure just to have all your "Ps" and "Qs" in the right place!

    ReplyDelete